Gaming and laptops used to be incompatible. However, the quest for the best gaming laptop is now a common endeavor among PC gamers. Even 10 years ago, a good gaming laptop was hard to find. You either played games on a console or a beast of a PC.
However, technology has quickly evolved, with some laptops now rivaling gaming desktops. With this evolution comes the ability to confidently game on the go. And owning a gaming laptop is extremely convenient in today's society.
What Makes a Good Gaming Laptop?
The attributes people look for in their version of the best gaming laptop differ. However, there are a few items of interest that almost everyone looks for in a good gaming laptop.
Price is probably the main factor in a buying decision. If it's out of your price range, you may not even give the gaming rig a chance. The best gaming laptop needs to have a reasonable price for what it provides to the owner. However, that doesn't rule out expensive gaming laptops. It just needs to be worth the price of ownership.
The best gaming laptop has to have a decent set of cooling fans. Gaming laptops get hot due to the sheer power they use, and you don't want to get stuck with a laptop that overheats after 10 minutes of use. Cooling fans are highly important.
The latest advancement for high definition is 4K, which immerses you in your favorite gaming worlds like never before. But, you need a screen that displays this. And, speaking of screens, thinness is all the rage right now. A thin screen means you don't have to carry around a clunky mess of a gaming laptop. Thin screens are important to many people.
RAM and graphics processors are probably the most important aspects on the technical side of gaming laptops. If you don't have a plentiful amount of RAM, your gaming laptop won't run well. As for the graphics card, that speaks for itself. Most want the latest cutting-edge graphics, and examining the graphics card is important. Also of note are the processors, although most run the i7.
How We Reviewed the Best Gaming Laptops
All of the information above is taken into account when analyzing the best gaming laptop. Each laptop has a mixture of these attributes, and all of the laptops listed are well worth your time. But, you can't buy all of them. So, which one is right for you? Is your next gaming laptop on this list?
The Best Gaming Laptops
Let's take a look at some of the best options on the market right now.
Acer Predator Heilos 300
- Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.8GHz | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display, Red Backlit Keyboard
- 16GB DDR4 DRAM Memory & 256GB SSD | Extra empty expandable hard drive slot for 2.5" hard drives
- Up to 7-hours of battery life
When it comes to quality, it's hard to beat an Acer. They have been making gaming laptops for quite some time, and Acer's newest gaming laptop is one of the best on the market. To start with, the Acer has the latest Intel processing chip (i7). With this chip, your gaming experience skyrockets to another level. Gaming on the fly has never looked better, and the cutting-edge graphics aren't the only thing you'll be showing off to your friends.
Smartly placed exhaust vents keep your laptop from overheating. But, the fantastic specs for one of the best gaming laptops don't stop there. Coming with the option of custom engineered cooling, you get to design just how your Acer will cool down.
Gigabyte Aero 15x
- 15.6" 5mm Thin Bezel FHD 144Hz Pantone X-Rite 1920x1080 IPS anti-glare display LCD
- Intel Core i7-8750H (2.2GHz-4.1GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GDDR5 8GB Max Q Supports NVIDIA Optimus Technology
- 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory 512GB M.2 NVME PCIe Gen3 x4 SSD Windows 10 Home
- 94.24Wh 10hrs Long Battery Life Gigabyte Fusion Per Key RGB Keyboard Dolby ATMOS Gaming Thunderbolt3, SD Card Reader(UHS-II)
- 14 x 9.8 x 0.78" 4.62 Ib. 2 years global warranty
As technology evolved over the years, there's been one common thread that has marked this change. And that's the size of the technology. In general, everything has gotten smaller. Phones have shrunk. iPods the size of your pinky finger have replaced CD players. Following this trend is computers, and laptops are especially vulnerable to this technological trend. The Gigabyte Aero 15x spouts this as its main attraction.
At only a 1.8-millimeter thickness, the screen is one of the slimmest around. If you're checking off attributes for the best gaming laptop, this is one of them. Not only that, but the Aero 15x can also showcase a glorious 4k resolution.
It is a bit pricier, but completely worth every last penny.
MSI GS65 Stealth
- Display: 15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 144Hz 7ms 72%NTSC | Operating System: Win 10 PRO
- Processor: Core i7-8750H Hexa-Core (6 Cores) 2.2 - 4.1GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6G GDDR5
- Memory (RAM): 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2400MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB | Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
- Special Features: VR Ready | Matte Black with Gold Diamond cut | Killer Gaming Network E2500 | Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key (84 Key) | Thunderbolt 3*1
In the world of gaming, it's important to keep up with the latest developments. One of the most recent developments to catch peoples' attention has been virtual reality. As such, gaming laptops have adjusted for this growing portion of the gaming community. And, if you're going to be the best gaming laptop, you need to change with the times. That's where the MSI GS65 Stealth comes into play.
The Stealth is VR ready, so you don't need to do much with the laptop if you want to delve into virtual reality. It comes with 32GB of memory. Not only that, but the Stealth also comes with an Anti-Glow Wide View Angle. That means you don't need to worry about improper glow or reflection, as the screen gives you the maximum viewing experience.
Overall, this is a quality gaming laptop.
Dell Inspiron 15 7567
- 15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED Backlit Display
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core 2.50 GHz
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Built in media reader, Bluetooth 4.2
- Windows 10 Home 64 bit English
Dell has been in the computer market for a long time. As such, they've gathered quite the reputation for themselves. As the years passed, it became apparent that Dell also wants a piece of the video game market. That's why they've released a slew of gaming laptops, with the most recent being the Inspiron 7567.
At 15 inches, this is a smaller size for a screen. However, we should note that the Inspiron 15 7567 runs an i5 processor, which is not as powerful as the i7. Yet, just because the Inspiron doesn't have the best processor doesn't mean you should overlook it. Extensive research went into the design of the Inspiron, meaning that you won't be getting overheated anytime soon.
With 8GB of RAM, it's hard to pass up this deal. Especially since this gaming laptop ranges from just a thousand dollars. It's a good buy, especially if you're on a budget.
Asus ROG Strix GL503VS-DH74
- GeForce Fortnight bundle – offer valid through may 22, 2019. For a limited time, purchase a ROG device with qualifying GTX graphics and get the GeForce Fortnight Counterattack set!
- NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 Graphics
- 8Th-gen Intel Core i7-8750H Processor. 6 Cores, up to 3. 9GHz (Boost Clock)
- 144Hz 17. 3” Full HD IPS-Type Display | Ultra-fast 3ms response time
- 16GB DDR4 RAM | 256GB Pie SSD + 1TB FireCuda hybrid Drive | Windows 10 Home
When shopping for the best gaming laptop, it's easy to get lost in the slew of features most of them have. And, it just so happens that the Asus ROG has a ton of amazing features. First, it has a powerful processor and excellent performance.
Along with this amazing performance, it's important for a gaming laptop to have a fast response time. If the response time isn't quick enough, you get lag on the screen. And that always leads to a bad time. Luckily, the response time for the Asus ROG is only three milliseconds. Finally, a hybrid drive means that you're sure to have plenty of space for all of your gaming needs.
This is in the running for the best gaming laptop.
MSI GT75 Titan
- Display: 17.3" FHD, IPS-Level 144Hz 3ms G-Sync 72%NTSC, 100%sRGB 1920x1080 16:9
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 8G GDDR6
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H 2.6 - 4.5GHz
- Memory: 32GB (16G*2) DDR4 2666MHz DDR4-2400x4 or DDR4-2666x2; Max Memory 128GB
- Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD + 1TB (7200RPM)
The best gaming laptop is hard to choose. However, the MSI Titan is high up there on the list. One of the reasons the Titan has such a good reputation is because of the patented cooling system. There is a patent on the cooling system used by Titan, meaning nobody else uses this design. Eleven heat pipes and dual fans mean you never have to worry about overheating.
The 16GB of DDR4 RAM equates to a gaming laptop that runs smoothly and has more than enough room for your gaming habits. Experience all of this with a 17.3-inch screen, meaning you'll have a larger screen than most laptops.
Combining all of these factors, it's easy to see why the MSI GT75 Titan is in the running for the title of the best gaming laptop.
Razer Blade 15
- 15. 6” 144Hz Full HD edge-to-edge display (4. 9mm bezels), color calibrated
- Thin and compact, durable CNC aluminum anybody (0. 66” x 9. 25” x 13. 98”)
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 core Processor
- NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q design VR Ready Graphics
- Innovative vapor chamber cooling System with gaming Mode power boost
Thin is in, and if you're going to be the best gaming laptop, then you need to have a thin screen. That is exactly what the Razer Blade 15 offers you. With a 15.6 inch screen, this is one of the smaller gaming laptops on the market. However, just because it's smaller doesn't mean that it's not as good the other available options. On the contrary, the Razer Blade offers up a plentiful gaming experience.
An aluminum unibody helps the gaming laptop feel great while it lays on your lap. It also means it's durable, so you don't have to worry about breaking it. An i7 core processor means that, for its size, it packs the most power pound for pound. Add to this an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card, and you have all the elements for the best gaming laptop.
Acer Predator Tritron 700
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor (Up to 3.8GHz)
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with MAX-Q design & 8 GB of dedicated GDDR5X VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED-backlit IPS 120Hz Refresh Rate Display with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology
- 32GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Dual All-Metal Aero Blade 3D Fans with 5 Copper Heat Pipes | VR Ready | Customizable RGB Mechanical KB | LAN: Killer Gaming Network E2500 | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AC 1535 802.11ac
Sacrificing graphics is something no gamer wants to do. And to some, a thin screen automatically means worse graphics when it comes to a gaming laptop. However, this simply isn't the case, especially if you're using the Acer Tritron 700.
With a super thin screen, you're going to need a cooling system that works. Two Aeroblade 3D cooling fans do the trick for this slick piece of hardware. Housing an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU, this gaming PC is a great buy.
This could be seen by some as the best gaming laptop.
Alienware 17 R5
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 3.9GHz w/Turbo Boost
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4, 1x8GB
- 1TB [Hybrid] HDD, + 8 GB SSD, No Optical Drive
- 17.3-Inch FHD 1920 x 1080, IPS Anti-Glare, 300-nits
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done
Alienware is a household name when it comes to gaming laptops. In the business for many years, their latest endeavor improves upon the older models in every way.
With the ability to house an i9 Series processor, this gaming laptop is one of the best. Add to this a fantastic design job, and you've got the makings of a wonderful gaming laptop. A thin hinge-forward design makes the laptop durable and comfortable. To make the deal even sweeter is the option to put in an NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU.
A powerful gaming laptop, Alienware positions itself with this model to take the crown for the best gaming laptop.
HP Omen 17
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H Processor, 6-Core, 2.2GHz up to 4.1GHz
- Video graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- Display: 17.3-inch diagonal FHD 144 Hz IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
- Memory: 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (upgradable with 2 accessible memory slots)
- Hard drive and solid-state drive: 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive + 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
HP created one of the first computers. Back then, gaming was a brand new frontier on the computer. They've come a long way, and a perfect example of this journey is the HP Omen 17.
Coming with an i7 processor, you don't have the most powerful PC. But, that doesn't mean you should count this one out. On the contrary, the laptop runs great. An NVIDIA GTX 1070 GPU makes sure you run your games at high quality, and a 4K display makes your games look extra crisp.
With 32 GB DDR4 RAM, the HP Omen has more memory than some of the other gaming laptops. Don't overlook this HP option.
The Best Gaming Laptop of 2019: Verdict
After careful consideration, our pick for the best gaming laptop of 2019 is the MSI GS65. It's got the perfect combination of a reasonable price point for the quality it provides. A 17.3-inch screen and unique cooling system also help make a case for this to be the best gaming laptop.
Overall, it's an outstanding gaming laptop that makes your experience playing games highly enjoyable.
All of these gaming laptops are great. They each reach out to a certain audience and all perform excellently. If you're in the market for a new gaming laptop, check out the laptops on this list. They're all guaranteed to give you amazing gaming experiences.
Last update on 2021-01-24 at 09:49 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API