You love the thrill of online gaming and competition and hate it when competitors outshine you. The Logitech G Pro mouse is one of many accessories to bring your gaming enjoyment to the next level. Shortcuts, a slim profile, and an intuitive design help you outmaneuver other gamers.
It doesn't matter if you're a professional gamer or an amateur dreaming of kicking into the next gaming gear. You need equipment that'll help propel you as a gamer. Faster speeds, prompt commands, ergonomic design, and maneuverability are some of the characteristics you want in a gaming mouse. A high-efficiency sensor and excellent software will push you over the edge when competing against others. Can your mouse handle intense gaming or is it time to think about investing in new gaming peripherals?
Why You Should Invest in a Gaming Mouse
A traditional mouse and keyboard aren't going to enhance the gaming experience. These peripheral items are for typing, working, and general web browsing. From typing documents to email communications, the mouse allows users to scroll from one area to another without issue. When it comes to playing games online, things change. You can still play games, just not in the way avid gaming enthusiasts want to enjoy them.
The Logitech G Pro mouse is more responsive and has better sensor quality. These traits make it easier to navigate fast-speed games and compete at the highest levels possible. A traditional mouse doesn't provide quite the same feel, speed, or responsiveness.
The Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Design
This gaming mouse is light, weighing less than three ounces. It has click lifespan of 50 million clicks, and the low profile finish is comfortable to grip. It has two buttons on the left side, and it has the HERO sensor for enhanced gaming. This sensor helps increase power efficiency and increases maximum tracking speeds.
The gaming mouse is ready to go out of the box with preset button settings. Owners have the option to adjust the six programmable buttons to configure their settings for gaming enjoyment. Gamers can use the six buttons to activate in-game commands and prompts. The mouse gives them full access to a range of functions for their specific gaming style.
The HERO sensor plus the lightsync system allows gamers to synchronize gaming light spectrums across gaming peripherals. There are 16.8 million programmable color options allowing owners to streamline speakers, mice, and keyboards. Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) also allows owners to create their animation effects. Customizable illumination at your fingertips recreates the gaming experience. Players can step in with this distinct feature, and play in dark or off-balance lit areas.
Logitech G Pro software and battery life
With a peerless gaming sensor, the Logitech G Pro wireless mouse can last up to 40 hours on a single charge. This duration is with the RGB (red, green, blue) light on in-game action. Additionally, the Logitech software allows owners to customize their gaming experience for maximum enjoyment. The latest versions allow owners to synchronize their headsets, mice, keyboards, and speakers. With frequent software updates, gamers using the newest version will get the most out of their playing enjoyment.
Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Features
What sets the Logitech G Pro gaming mouse apart from others? Some characteristics gamers will appreciate include:
- A sleek design and lightweight frame, weighing less than three ounces
- Performance and powerful sensors
- There's a wired and wireless version available
- Easy to adjust DPI
- Streamlined performance is better than comparable gaming mice of a similar price point
Average Price of Gaming Mice
Depending on whether customers choose the wired or wireless Logitech G Pro mouse the price will vary significantly. It is $40 to $150 for the mouse. The website people choose to order the mouse from will also affect the amount that they'll pay for it. Before ordering, consumers should compare several electronic and online gaming websites to find the best deals.
How We Reviewed the Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse
There are hundreds of gaming mice available for online gaming enjoyment. In our review, we considered speeds, wireless capabilities, the product specs, and price. Brand name reputation is an important trait, so we compared items from the top gaming manufacturers. Expert and consumer reviews also provide invaluable insight for buyers. We included reviews by owners of the mice. This information helps consumers choose between the Logitech G Pro and competitor's products online.
The Best Competitors' Gaming Mice Available
Not every gaming mouse stacks up against the Logitech G Pro, and some have additional capabilities. These are some items with the highest ratings, in comparison to Logitech's highly rated mouse.
ROCCAT Kone AIMO Gaming Mouse
This mouse has an optical owl-eye sensor, and range from 100 to 12,000 DPI. The RGB AIMO illumination recreates the gaming experience for players. It also contains 23 customizable keys. It allows each to set their gaming platform, to play how they deem fit.
Optical sensing and the 4D tilting wheel allow for quick movement and precision. There are four individual, customizable light zones to select. A glowing mousewheel and compatible AlienFX lighting system are easy to program with ROCCAT's software as well.
One reviewer indicates a concern with the upper right edge shape of the mouse. They claim it isn't as comfortable as other mice, as a small point protrudes into their finger causing discomfort.
- ROCCAT Kone AIMO gaming mouse Features the OWL-EYE Optical sensor, unrelenting pointer precision with up to 12000DPI modified PixArt 3361 Optical sensor, giving you a Lethal advantage in any game
- Tri-button thumb zone + 4D tilting Titan wheel for rapid control, Our exclusive Easy-Shift[+] button also doubles the programmable buttons from 12 to 24, expand your arsenal of weapon commands/macros
- Aimo lighting system Intelligently harmonizes your lighting across all compatible ROCCAT devices, A living & reactive next-gen lighting system that auto-reacts to usage for a better gaming experience
- RGB a Multizone illumination gives you 4 independently configurable LED light zones + a glowing mouse wheel, compatible to the ALIENWARE AlienFX lighting system, program with ROCCAT SWARM software
- Powerful 32-bit ARM MCU+ONBOARD Memory lets you store and run macros on the fly, a built-in tracking distance control unit monitors the pick-flight of your mouse for heightened accuracy, weight @ 130G
CORSAIR Dark Core SE
This mouse has a 16,000 DPI rating and is compatible with the QI charging pad. It charges in less time than a standard wall outlet or USB port charger. The mouse is fast and uses low-latency Bluetooth technology. The optical sensor guarantees high precision and accuracy in fast gaming environments.
The shape of the mouse doesn't contour to fit the hands, but it does feature two interchangeable side grips. It features onboard storage. Like other gaming mice, it has interchangeable lighting effects to enhance the gaming experience. There are Omron switches that players can use a custom switch on/off, for the best gameplay. Owners can expect up to 24 hours of play on a single charge as well.
High-quality material and a comfortable grip, are some traits that set this mouse apart. In this review, however, the individual claims it has horrible software for gaming.
- Ultra fast 1ms 2.4GHz and low latency; Bluetooth wireless technology
- Charge wirelessly with Corsair MM1000 or any compatible Qi wireless charging pad
- Custom, gaming grade, native 16,000 DPI optical sensor with 1 DPI resolution steps for high accuracy performance
- Contoured shape and two included interchangeable side grips provide a tailored fit
- Onboard storage with hardware macro playback to take your gaming profiles with you.Report Rate:1000 Hz
SteelSeries Sensei 310 Gaming Mouse
The optical sensor and custom TrueMove3 has 12,000 CPI and a dedicated lift-off sensor. With real, one-to-one tracking and low latency, the mouse won't lag or stop during fast gameplay. The ambidextrous design is perfect for palm and claw-grip players alike.
With a range of 50 million click durability, the mouse is comparable to the Logitech G Pro for longevity. Owners can also save their light and performance settings for future use. This item is compatible with Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems.
In this review, the reviewer notes the silicone grips don't remain in place on this mouse. This design flaw minimizes usability during fast-paced gaming.
- Custom TrueMove3 12,000 CPI, 350 IPS optical 1 to 1 tracking esports sensor
- Legendary SteelSeries Sensei ambidextrous design for claw and palm grip styles
- Exclusive split trigger left/right buttons deliver guaranteed 50 million click durability
- 2 zone, multi color Prism RGB illumination for customizable lighting; Save all your performance and lighting settings directly to the Sensei 310
- Compatible operating system is windows, mac, and linux; Usb port required; Software is steelseries engine 3.10.12 plus, for windows 7 or newer and mac osx 10.8 or newer
RAZER Lancehead Gaming Mouse
With a 5G connection, laser sensor, and 16,000 DPI, this ambidextrous gaming mouse is perfect for left and right-hand gamers alike. It has adaptive frequency technologies, meaning it automatically adjusts for specific gameplay. The 5G mouse seeks out and automatically connects to the strongest signal. This power eliminates lag or dips in speed.
With tracking of 210 inches per second, the mouse provides the most precise laser signal in the gaming industry. It syncs with the Cloud, and it contains onboard storage capabilities. Owners can store settings for future use with this item. There are nine programmable, hybrid buttons, giving each person their own customization options to enhance the gaming experience.
Even with the 5G and instant connectivity, players indicate that they lose signals frequently when playing. It detracts from the gaming experience when the mouse freezes during fast-paced action.
- Gaming-grade wireless performance
- Through Adaptive frequency technology
- The world's most precise laser sensor
- Gaming-optimized Razer Mechanical switches
- Gaming-grade wireless performance
GAMDIAS Optical Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse
An adjustable 10,800 DPI and 7 programmable keys recreate customization when it comes to gaming. Additionally, this mouse has a double-level, wired and wireless option for different platforms owners are using it on. Multi-color breathing lighting makes for a more stimulating experience when playing games.
A comfortable ergonomic grip provides every player the option of palm or claw-grip play using this mouse. The M1 equipped wireless option is perfect for those who love to compete and play from anywhere. Owners can assign macros on a compatible keyboard to further improve their gaming experience.
A few reviews indicate the mouse's manufacturer didn't use the best material finishes designing this item. This reviewer suggests that it feels cheap and doesn't like the design of the mouse.
- Double level multi-color Breathing lighting
- Wired/ wireless mouse
- Adjustable side panels
- Weight tuning system (5gx4)
- 10, 800 DPI Optical sensor
M901 Perdition Redragon Gaming Mouse
The high-precision sensor and 18 programmable buttons make this mouse perfect for players who love their own style of play. Owners can enhance grip patterns and usable buttons when modifying how they'll use buttons while playing. An ergonomic grip makes it, so every player feels comfortable using this mouse.
The backlit mouse contains up to 24,000 DPI settings. The software also makes it so that players can increase or decrease speed for different gaming modes. There are five memory profiles and different color profiles each person can choose when playing with this mouse.
The 18 programmable buttons are a great selling point. But, this distracts from the overall quality of the mouse. The buttons pop out, and it isn't as durable as other gaming mice.
- WIRED GAMING MOUSE; built for PC Gamers -Optical Gaming Mouse up to 12400 DPI via software, 12000 FPS, 1000 Hz polling rate, 50G acceleration. The High-Precision Sensor delivers Pinpoint Accuracy while the Micro Switch ensure longevity, greater durability
- LED RGB BACKLIT PROGRAMMABLE GAMING MOUSE; 18 programmable buttons, 5 Memory Profiles each with distinct LED color option for quick identification. Comes with 8-piece weight tuning set (2.4g x8) and Breathing Effects. (LED Backlight can be disabled)
- ERGONOMIC GAMER MOUSE DESIGN; Ergonomic shape fits naturally in your hand, reduces stress with superior productivity and efficiency. Give an extremely gaming experience during sessions.
- HIGH-END PC GAMING MOUSE FEATURES; 7 Mouse Buttons PLUS 12 MMO programmable side buttons. Total 19 buttons. Fire button, Pulsing Breathing light color modes. Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads for ultimate gaming control
- PC GAMING MOUSE COMPATIBILTY: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support. Comes with 6 foot high-speed braided fibre cable and a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
E-Blue Mazer II Gaming Mouse
With up to 2,500 DPI, speeds aren't as fast as other mice. However, for the affordable price, many novices to amateur gamers will take it! The rubberized scroll wheel is comfortable, and LED lighting allows owners to play in darker conditions with clear visibility.
The adjustable dots per inches and 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity create the perfect gaming mecca for owners. The Bluetooth connectivity guarantees a powerful signal during gameplay. And, depending on resolution each person prefers, they can automatically adjust settings mid-play to enhance the game's appearance.
The battery life is nowhere as long as the Logitech G Pro or other gaming mice. It lasts about 10 hours on a full charge, meaning owners have to recharge the mouse frequently.
- Upgraded Design with LED illuminated rubberized Scroll Wheel
- Ergonomically designed for Right-handed Gamers utilizing 'Air wing' Concept
- Adjustable DPI (Dots Per Inch) switch 500 / 1200 / 1800 / 2500
- Avago 5090 High-performance Optical Gaming Chipset
- 2.4G Wireless Transmission Technology (Stable signal in 30 ft. radius)
FarSight 2.4 G Wireless Gaming Mouse
This wireless mouse works with PCs, laptops, and is compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems. There are 6 programmable buttons and up to 2,400 DPI (five adjustments) levels to choose from while playing.
Players can change the speed of play freely in the middle of a game by twisting the DPI wheel mid-play. The 2.4 G, 2-way wireless technology provides a stable connection. It helps minimize signal loss. The ergonomic grip fits comfortably in either hand, for all grip types.
The material quality isn't the best with this gaming mouse. Reviewers indicate that it looks great, and also has a great wireless signal. However, the materials aren't great, and it's not the best for those who want a durable, long-lasting product.
- 5 Adjustable DPI Switch. This wireless gaming mice no need any driver, plug and play. 5 adjustable DPI level ( 800, 1200, 1600, 2000, 2400) to change the speed of mouse freely.
- Ergonomic Design: Fits naturally in your hand with no cramping. Comfortable and great hand-feeling, can be used for a long time without fatigue. Left and right buttons produce little noise when you click them.
- 2.4G Stable Wireless: Advanced 2.4G two-way wireless technology provides a stable and reliable connection. More secure and precise, the transmission distance can reach 10 meters. USB Nano receiver can be stored within the back of the mouse.
- Advanced Energy-saving Chip. Multi-stage power saving mode, less power consumption. There is a button at the bottom of the mouse, three options: ON, OFF, ON/light. Put it at ON/light, the LED backlight will light up. The cursor performs stably. With strong adaptive surface ability, this wireless mouse works fine on many surfaces.
- Wide Compatibility: Compatible with most system for windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10/ME/2000/Mac10.x, etc. Every product from Farsight will enjoy 45 days money-back and 12-month worry-free warranty.
Is the Logitech G Pro the Best Gaming Mouse in Its Class
For brand loyalists, you're always going to stick with the brand you trust most. For other gamers, features and quality are some of the key selling points to consider when buying a mouse. The Logitech G Pro has several excellent design characteristics, technology, and is highly responsive. In a competitive industry, these traits mean a lot for gamers who want to compete and beat their competitors.
If you're willing to pay $150 (or more) for a wireless mouse, the Logitech G Pro is a good pick. In addition to this, it's light, maneuverable, and ergonomic. The latest software updates and reputable brand name backing are also key selling points. Lastly, it's responsiveness and customization (like lightsync) are some of the characteristics consumers will appreciate in this product.
The Corsair Dark Core SE mouse is a good alternative. It is about $50 less than the Logitech G Pro gaming mouse. Additionally, it's wireless and contains the Omron switch to improve gameplay. The comfortable grip, lightweight design, and battery life are nice selling points. This mouse also has distinct light sync technologies for those who want to play in dark settings.
There are several options to choose from when buying a gaming mouse. For those who are willing to spend on quality products, the Logitech G Pro is an excellent product. Otherwise, there are more affordable options to compare to this product when shopping for a gaming mouse.
Last update on 2021-01-24 at 10:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API