It's not hard to figure out why you might want to buy a MAXNOMIC gaming chair.
There’s always something missing. The PC of your dreams purrs like a recently-fed kitten in the corner of the room. The surround sound – positioned to within an inch of perfection – blasts sweet hints of cosine bliss. Your monitor is angled away from glare-inducing light sources. It stands atop your desk dripping with watchwords: 4k, HDR, UHD, HDMI2. You’ve got your performance mouse. Your ergonomic keyboard shines with anticipation. You overclocked the CPU to speeds that would give Michael Schumacher a moment of pause. It’s all so perfect, but something is missing.
Maxnomic Gaming Chair Comparison Table
You're going to need somewhere to sit.
Of course, you probably already have somewhere to sit. Few gamers forget the furniture when setting up their system. Still, there’s somewhere to sit and then there’s a MAXNOMIC gaming chair. Having poured so much time and money into creating the perfect gaming environment, is it too much to ask that you enjoy it in comfort and style?
Why Get a Gaming Chair?
To be sure the MAXNOMIC gaming chair is one of just many such chairs on the market. Gaming chairs have increased in popularity over recent years as the competitive gaming and eSports market exploded onto the mainstream.It’s a trend that doesn’t look like it’s going to end any time soon.
Of course, gaming chairs are not just for those engaged in competitive play. Increasingly, seats such as the MAXNOMIC gaming chair are finding their way into the homes of casual gamers. As to why this is the case well, the reasons are fairly obvious.
Although words such as ergonomic are a tad overused in gaming circles when it comes to items like the MAXNOMIC gaming chair, it’s one that fits. Gaming has become a bona fide hobby, and like any other hobby out there it’s something of a time-sink. Sitting still for a marathon session of Fortnight or an epic clash of Civilization VI is no easy thing. So it stands to reason that anyone who spends hour after hour gaming is going to look for something that minimizes aches and strains.
In the past, many gaming chairs relied on gimmicks. Speakers embedded in the headrest, adjustable mouse pads, and of course the questionable value of butt-cooling butt-fans. Recent trends though have steered away from such USP driven marketing.
Manufacturers – responding to consumer demand – now recognize how necessary comfort is to the overall gaming experience. Chairs such as the MAXNOMIC gaming chair employ a design ethic inspired by the kind of chairs found in racing cars. And that means comfort, adjustability, and build quality.
What Is a Maxnomic Gaming Chair?
Thankfully, the MAXNOMIC gaming chair falls into an easily identifiable category. It is a racing-style chair defined by company producer NEEDforSEAT, as the "ultimate eSports and office seating."
There are twenty-two different models available for purchase on the website with most variations having to do with color scheme. There are however some other slight variations. The MAXNOMIC LEADER, for example, has an additional freely-adjustable lumbar support. Meanwhile, the MAXNOMIC NEEDforSEAT Pro differentiates itself with an armrest and finger rest feature.
The dimensions of the MAXNOMIC gaming chair remain the same regardless of the model you choose to buy. In its highest sitting position, the chair is 53.1 inches tall. It is 21.7 inches across and provides up to 32.3 inches of back support. The backrest itself is 21.7 inches across at its widest point.
Of course, this being a racing chair with ergonomic design in mind almost every aspect of the MAXNOMIC gaming chair can be adjusted. The seat, for example, is 16.5 inches across and can be lowered to a height of 18.5 inches or raised to a maximum of 22.4 inches.
Where variations in these measurements occur, they are signposted such as with the MAXNOMIC NEEDForSEAT XL which offers a height of up to 58.3 inches and a backrest width of 24 inches.
At any rate, all of the MAXNOMIC gaming chairs are customizable across three different metrics. Base sizes come in either standard or XL, and customers can select from three different cylinders: short, standard or tall. Also, the option to upgrade from standard to premium armrests is available on all models that do not already have them fitted as standard.
Across the board, users responded positively to NEEDforSEAT’s line of MAXNOMIC gaming chairs, but minor gripes with the design were not uncommon.
PC review site Hot Hardware, for example, noted an inch gap between the backrest of the MAXNOMIC COMMANDER S BWE PC Gaming Chair and the seat. On such an expensive chair, even a slight misalignment can be a cause for concern
Not that these objections prevented the site from recommending the chair. Describing it as both stylish, comfortable its true unique selling point -- in their opinion -- is that it represents excellent value for money.
Meanwhile, over at Geekin Dad, the firm stitching, durability and overall comfort levels of the MAXNOMIC TITANUS did not fail to impress. After testing the chair out for over a year, Geekin Dad found no signs of wear and tear and did not hesitate to recommend it to his readership.
Motherboard also had positive things to say. In search of comfort and style, they found just that in the form of the MAXNOMIC ERGOCEPTOR Pro. Despite the by now typical misgivings upon first viewing, the chair was rated as undeniably comfortable and even lauded as the "best they had spent in a long time."
Even though the cheaper options come in throwing some premium armrests. Thankfully, most of the higher priced models feature them as standard.
Additional expenses crop up when opting for an XL model or premium features such as decals and extra lumbar support. Best of all each MAXNOMIC gaming chair comes with a 2-year warranty on all parts, including shipping costs.
As is typical for all things gaming, you can expect to see wild swings price point. A quick search online reveals the availability of poorer quality chairs from different manufacturers selling. Included in this price bracket are the classic rocker gaming chairs, although models that include side control panels are considerably more expensive.
Chairs such as the LF Gaming Stealth series offer thermal cooling, memory foam padding and hand stitched embroidery, but come with a wince-worthy price tag.
MAXNOMIC gaming chairs then come in at a mid-range price point offer a quality product at an affordable rate.
To be sure, the gaming chair market is a crowded field. With so many different companies vying for a slice of your paycheck, it's hard to know which way to turn. Here then are three highly rated alternatives to a MAXNOMIC gaming chair currently on the market.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE: With the height-adjustable gas spring cylinder, you have full tilt tension and height control. The reclining back can be adjusted from 85-190 degrees and the 4D adjustable & rotatable armrests allow you to position your arms in the most comfortable position.
- ORTHOPAEDICALLY DESIGNED: GT Omega Racing Office Chairs provide outstanding support with our deep-sided 'body-hugging' back and shoulder design. For extra comfort and support, a removable headrest pillow and the lumbar cushion are included with each chair.
- BREATHABLE FABRIC: Keep cool and comfortable with our breathable composite fabric material which provides enough air circulation to keep you sitting comfortably even in the Summer. Being a non-sticky fabric, will allow you to sit on it for a longer time.
- MUST-HAVE FOR ALL GAMERS: The GT Omega Gaming Chair meets the needs of any gamer. Mimicking the look of a real car seat, our chair will boost your gaming enjoyment to the fullest.
- ENSURED DURABILITY: With our steel tubing framework and aluminium star base, this chair is durable enough to bare the most excited gamers and anyone weighing up to 120KG. The composite fabric material stands the test of time ensuring maximum comfort for the longest time.
The Secret Lab Omega series of gaming chairs offer a nice counterpoint to the MAXNOMIC range. Cheaper styles on offer include the GT Omega Racing RS6 Seat + Seat Sliders which offer similar features to the Pro versions, except lack legs.At the higher end of the product line are the simulator cockpits styles.
- ✔️ THE PERFECT GAMING AND OFFICE CHAIR: Extra soft / thick PU faux leather and 55% freshly moulded cold foam density for optimal breathability & comfort.
- ✔️ RECLINABLE & ADJUSTABLE: The chair can be reclined up to 135 degrees and offers flexible armrests (adjustable across 4 dimensions).
- ✔️ ROBUST & PRACTICAL: The noblechairs EPIC gaming and office chair has a user weight limit of 265 lbs and a sophisticated rocking mechanism.
- ✔️ PREMIUM DESIGN & MATERIALS: Inspired by luxury sports car interiors. The chair featuring 2.4" PU casters for soft & hard floors, with both neck and lumbar support cushions included.
- ✔️ ERGONOMIC FUNCTIONALITY: The noblechairs EPIC gaming and office chair is ergonomically & expertly designed with a solid steel frame, premium stitching and a debossed logo.
The Nobelchairs Epic Real Leather series does what it says on the tin. This chair features Nappa leather upholstery, a "sophisticated rocking mechanism," and is available in 8 different colors. The only downside is the price. Lower priced models include the PU Leather version
4GamerGear Vertagear S-Line SL5000 Racing Series
- Reinforced 5 star base: Redesigned and constructed from a heavy-duty alloy material
- Effortless assembly: "Slide-In” design creates a quick one-person installation process
- Steel frame and resilience foam.Aluminum alloy feet
- Elegant exterior: The SL5000 is made of high quality PVC leather, which makes it extremely durable and gives the chair a luxurious look
- Cushioned and contoured to the shape of the arm with adjustability in 4 directions
Sporting a reinforced base and an all steel frame, it rates highly regarding durability. It remains true to its racing chair design ethos and is one of the more comfortable chairs out there. Still, there are only 4 colors available in the SL5000 series, aside from the rather excellent black and white build.
Herman Miller Embody Chair
- RHYTHM fabric is tight, smooth soft to the touch, and prevents heat buildup
- INNOVATIVE ERGONOMIC DESIGN - More than 20 physicians and PhDs in the fields of biomechanics, vision, physical therapy, and ergonomics contributed their expertise to help guide the development of this chair. As a result, Embody has set a new benchmark for pressure distribution, natural alignment, and support for healthy movement in ergonomic seating.
- BACKFIT ADJUSTMENT - Embody’s back is designed like a human’s, with a central spine and flexible ribs. The Backfit adjustment allows you to position the backrest in line with your spine’s natural curve, so you achieve a neutral, balanced posture. Once the chair is tuned to fit you, the backrest adapts to your movement, adjusting automatically to your shifting positions. Whether you lean forward or recline, support remains constant.
- FEATURES: tilt limiter, adjustable Seat Depth, fully adjustable arms, graphite base and frame, Black arm pads, and carpet casters
- PIXELATED SUPPORT - You feel Embody’s Pixelated Support the moment you sit down—a sense that you are floating, yet perfectly balanced. Thanks to a dynamic matrix of pixels, Embody’s seat and back surfaces automatically conform to your body’s micro-movements, distributing your weight evenly as you sit. This reduces pressure and encourages movement, both of which are key to maintaining healthy circulation and focus.
The sheer decadence on display from the Herman Miller Embody is reason enough to include it in this list. Often quoted as being the most comfortable chair you will ever sit on, the design is all about promoting good posture thanks to a central spine that automatically adjusts to your body’s movements. Indeed, designers Bill Stumpf and Jeff Weber claim that it can help improve blood circulation, thus providing the brain with more oxygen.
Its ergonomic Graphite frame is a beautiful thing to behold. The price point seems to be the main sticking point for most of the consumers. It’s comfortable yes, such as a MAXNOMIC QUADCEPTOR.
How we reviewed
We took stock of dozens of user reviews not only of the full range of MAXNOMIC gaming chairs themselves but also of what people are saying about other brands. In all cases, we took into account both positive and negative comments. We base our score on an aggregate of observations from verified buyers.
Pros and Cons
Since the Ohio-based company NEEDforSEAT produces many different types of chairs, it stands to reason that users have responded to specific builds in a variety of ways. There are some general positives and negatives relating to the product line of MAXNOMIC racing chairs.
Where to Sit?
The days of also-ran office chairs might very well be behind us. Gaming as a hobby is rising to new heights. The temptation to sit enthroned before your monitor like a king of old is getting hard to resist.
Ultimately your choice of chairs is going to depend on the size of your wallet. Still, those prepared to invest a few extra dollars into their hobby are unlikely to regret their choice. Yes, there are cheaper models out there; even NEEDforSEAT offers some budget models.
Well built, good looking and oh-so-comfortable, the principle complaint surrounding the top-end is the lamentation over the price. But then, when did luxury ever come cheap?
Last update on 2021-11-30 at 16:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API